Thursday, March 02, 2006

the next step

Well, I survived the Test last Sunday. The whole morning was an interesting experience. We (all 100 of us) were divided into our groups and sent to various testing locations for the different parts of the test: knots/belaying, physical or climbing depending on what we were qualified for, and the written test. Steve, the ship's purser, says that the written tests look good. However, we got an email from one of the guys in charge of the test saying that about 70% of us failed our knots/belaying test. That makes me worry. I was among the first group to get tested in that, and my tester, Mary, said I did fine....so....but who knows. I really desperately want to go sailing, and I really hope that I actually passed.

Anyway, that's the story. Steve also said that Jim Davis, our First Mate, has something special planned for us newbie volunteers. That really makes me worry. That man makes me nervous....and not just because I've been told that my last name is cursed. Well, its something to look forward to..I guess....

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home