Monday, July 24, 2006

Comic-Con International, 2006

Last Wednesday afternoon, upon bolting from work as fast as I could at 3pm, and after some hasty packing, I was on my way to San Diego. It was the yearly trek for the San Diego Comic Convention. I will go into my adventures at length later, but for now, here are some pictures I took. They are mostly for the benefit of my older brother, because despite his disdain for most of the things I like, he was midly curious as to what this thing was all about. He did benefit from it somewhat, as I was able to secure some little trinkets for the upcoming horror film "Snakes on a Plane." On the other hand, while I did charge up my camera battery, I somehow managed to leave behind my SD card. So I was limited to a few pictures on the camera's memory. I wish I could have taken more. *sigh* Here are a few:









There are a few more pictures to come, including one of the Stormtrooper platoon marching in formation on their way to the Con, and pictures of my loot. Yes, there is loot. Quite a bit for just one and a half days of madness. But despite it all, I manage to keep my purchases to under $300, which includes my hostel room, gas money, and food. Wee! I can't wait for next year!

Ta!

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger The Cartoonist said...

I want to go to one of those things one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home