Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sail Ho!

So, a few weeks ago, I got this email from the SEA organization, based in Woods Hole, MA. They have a ship out here on the west coast called the Robert C. Seamans, a 135 foot Brigantine. It is sailing from San Francisco to Los Angeles, a 10 day sail, and they have some open volunteer crew positions available. Granted, one must pay for the honor, but dude. What could be cooler?



I finally got an email from the big wig in charge of crewing the ship, and yes! There is a spot for me! All I had to do was put down my deposit! So, I called and said, "Hi! Can I give you some money?" and they said "Yes!" So, there you have it! I'm going sailing on August 9th! Whoohoo!!



Isn't she a beautiful ship? Built in 2001, so a relatively new ship.



Can't wait for August!

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home