Sunday, July 02, 2006

On Movies

Okay, I just feel the need to express myself about a few things, and I would like you to just nod and smile, and put it all down to Lori being excitable.

I often peruse the Apple trailers site for fun, and not having done so in a couple of weeks, it is only now that I discovered this. Gwen Stacy, The Goblin, The Sandman AND VENOM in ONE movie?? S***. I mean, I really liked Superman, but as Batman is really the only DC character I've ever followed, I consider myself more of a Marvel fan, and seeing this preview nearly made me stop breathing.

Now, despite what I just said about DC, I did like Superman a lot. I can now sort of forgive Brian Singer for ditching the X-Men the way he did (although I can't forgive James Marsden, aka Cyclops, for following him). But I would like to note one thing. You can put this down to my being a big Kevin Spacey fan. I think I know now who I'd vote for if a choice came up on who will play Spider Jerusalem, if they ever get around to making a movie out of the Transmetropolitan comics. I mean, I love Patrick Stewart, but I can't see him playing Magical Truthsaying Bastard Spidey as well as Kevin Spacey. I must admit, when I first heard he was playing Lex Luthor, I couldn't imagine it. But now that I have seen the movie twice, I am convinced that he could pull off Spidey with a bang.

Whew. Okay. I needed to get that off my chest. There will be more on movies to follow, as I am still trying to collect my thoughts. Oh! and don't forget about the biggest movie of the summer! Yarr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home